We Four Bears

A site about our family! Mostly or all actually of Josie and Dana. I mean who cares about us anymore anyway?

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bras for a Cause!





















Hi everyone! This is a picture of my Auntie Barbara when she was very young. Wasn't she beautiful, she was a former beauty queen after all? She would be celebrating her 67th birthday this weekend, but she passed away August 31st from Breast Cancer. Happy Birthday Auntie!

My cousins and I are all doing a walk together on May 9th, in honor of her. I think my auntie would think it was nice that her nieces and daughters are doing this together, since in the past we haven't really done very much together ever before. We hope to make this an annual event.

We chose this event because it is a fun one. All the walkers have to decorate a bra, and then wear it on the outside of their clothes. Each walker has to raise $200, which I think is pretty doable in this economy. Initially I had wanted to do the 3-day walk, but I was intimidated by the $3200 required donation amount, especially in these difficult times.

If you'd like to donate, please click on the link below.

Remember, every dollar counts, so donating even $5 or $10 would be great.

My auntie said before she passed away that she wanted to come back as a white butterfly. Therefore, our team name is Barbara's Butterflies! Thank you!

http://www.active.com/donate/brasforthecause_2009/beardslee

You can also look to see how our team is doing as a whole with donations. Currently Barbara's Butteflies is ranked the 2nd highest fundraising team. YEH!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home