We Four Bears

A site about our family! Mostly or all actually of Josie and Dana. I mean who cares about us anymore anyway?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two-Day Breast Cancer Walk

So, this is a different kind of post coming from the We Four Bears Blog...


This morning my sister's mother-in-law passed away, her name was Diane. Her battle began with breast cancer, and ended sadly this morning mostly as a result of brain cancer. She was 70 years old. My sister and her husband Brook have been dating/married since I was 10, so I have known Brook and his mother Diane for 20 years. She was a wonderful woman, and a great MIL to my sister, and a great grammy to my 3 nephews.


In honor of Diane, my sister is participating in the 2 day San Francisco Avon Breast Cancer Walk in July. The required donation limit to participate is $1,800.00. I thought I would try and help my sister out by adding a link to my blog as well, because I know many of us are touched by this terrible cancer. Every dollar counts, so if I can help her collect just a little, it will be worth it.


We also have an aunt who successfully beat breast cancer 5 years ago, and is now fighting liver cancer. My sister will be walking for her as well, our Auntie Barbara.


If you'd like to donate to this special cause, please click on the link to the right titled Janel's Blog. Once you are on her blog, click on her link to the right which will take you to her personal Avon page. For some reason, I couldn't get her personal Avon page directly under my links.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger ThatBeeGirl said…

    paula,
    you know how much this issue is near to me. i'll be encouraging your sister do this wonderful thing, and consider it done that a donation is made.

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Marcy said…

    It continues to astound me how many people's lives are touched by this horrible disease. Best of luck to your sister. Participating in that walk was grueling, but an incredible and inspiring experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home